We’re excited to announce that starting on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 we will be releasing new updates to the Stock Image Library feature. This update is designed to reduce the legal risk of stock image usage and improve the overall user experience of stock image selection.
The specific updates include:
1. The ability to search for stock images from either Flickr or Unsplash, adding over 2 million new photos to the search.
2. The automatic photo credit from these sites will now be uneditable. This will prevent it from being removed or changed, thus reducing legal risk.
3. The photo credit will continue to appear below the image in blog posts, but will now also display in the blog lists themselves.
4. Additional help text warnings that author attribution is required to use these images.
5. New look, updated to match the look and feel of the rest of the platform.
6. New cropping features. The blog featured image cropping tools have been updated to allow you to crop stock images to fit your blog list.